Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2021 for African students
|Internship Provider:||Canon Collins Trust / Sol Plaatje Educational Project|
|Application Deadline:||10 August 2020|
||South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe|
Canon Collins Trust / Sol Plaatje Educational Project invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarship Programme 2021.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. We now offer scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Applications for courses that are not within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
Are you eligible?
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL of the above criteria.
Please download and read the guidelinescarefully before applying for this scholarship.
What we offer
In 2021, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.