|Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme 2021/2022 for South African postgraduate students to study in Ireland|
|Scholarship Provider:||Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme|
|Application Deadline:||31 August 2020|
|Academic Year:||2021 / 2022|
Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme invites applicants to apply for Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2021 / 2022.
Applications are open for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme 2021/2022. The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a South African strand of a broader Ireland Fellows Programme managed by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs.
The Ireland Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
In 2021, fellowships will be offered for postgraduate study in:
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- University application fees;
- Tuition fees;
- Examination and other fees;
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- Settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance;
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and;
- The costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application.
- Be a resident national of South Africa;
- Have a minimum of two years relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering);
- Hold an honours level academic qualification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (First class honour, or second class honour, Grade);
- Be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas;
- Be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2021/2022;
- Must not have applied for Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
How to apply
Applicants are to read the guidelines carefully before applying. Submissions are due by 17:00 BST on Monday, August 31, 2020.