|Scholarship Provider:||National Research Foundation (NRF) / South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO)|
|Deadline:||31 August 2020|
|Study in:||South Africa|
National Research Foundation (NRF) / South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) is offering scholarships or bursaries for South African students to study at universities starting in the 2020 / 2021 academic year.
SARAO is a facility of the National Research Foundation, is responsible for managing all radio astronomy initiatives and facilities in South Africa.
- Students who wish to study or are studying one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor in Engineering Technology: Electronics
- Bachelor in Engineering Technology: Mechanical
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Students who have achieved a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and Physical Science in Grade 12, or a minimum average of 60% for Bachelor in Engineering Technology subjects.
Students are allowed to hold supplementary grants, during this scholarship, to a maximum of 50% of the SARAO award, but he/she must inform the SARAO via his/her university of technology, of such awards.
Students are required to submit proof of registration at their university of technology, to SARAO.
No funds for a scholarship will be released until SARAO has received the proof of registration.
Please email any queries to: [email protected]